Collaborative Leadership Masterclasses
Working in collaboration, the University of Birmingham and University of Nottingham developed the ‘Making Change Happen through Collaborative Working Programme’ series of events which equipped senior and operational leaders across both universities with the tools, skills, and insights to collaborate more effectively across complex environments in an increasingly digital age.
Three events were held:
One-day Conference - 19 June 2017. Making Change Happen Through Collaborative Working
- enhanced participants knowledge of effective collaborative practice to improve decision making, relationship building, and strategic thinking skills
- helped participants to acquire future focus and understand how new digital technologies can support collaboration
- equipped participants to lead confidently, enabling the development of new, more effective partnerships
Collaboration Masterclass - 13 September 2017. Collaborative Leadership within your University
- helped participants understand how to lead collaboratively, remove inefficiency, and generate improvement gains
- supported participants to establish successful internal collaboration and build effective external partnerships
- provided participants with a set of tools, templates, and techniques for leading confidently, both internally and beyond departmental or service boundaries
Collaboration Masterclass - 22 November 2017. Collaborative Leadership between Organisations
- helped foster a ‘positive collaborative culture’ across partnerships, leading to joint working efficiency gains
- supported participants to achieve more effective outcomes through knowledge of improved joint commissioning and partnership working
- provided participants with a set of tools, templates and techniques for leading confidently, beyond the boundaries of a University.